A mix between a salad and an appetizer, this dish is best served on a platter and shared in a casual way with your dinner companions. All you need is sliced baguette to mound the tomatoes and cheese on.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 5 oz (150 g) round or log of fresh goat cheese
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced (choose a selection of colors if available)
- 16 fresh basil leaves, torn into smaller pieces if large
- ½ cup (125 ml) black olives
- 0.25 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Place the cheese in the center of a serving platter. Arrange the tomatoes in an overlapping pattern around the cheese. Disperse the basil and olives over top. Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes to allow the flavours to melt, and then serve.