Mussels make any meal a special occasion, but they’re so easy and quick to cook that they’re perfect for an impromptu casual dinner party. Serve them with a garden salad and Garlic Bread for sopping up the sauce.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallots (2 medium)
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded (about 60)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallots and chile to pan, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add mussels and wine; cover and cook 7 minutes or until shells open; discard any unopened shells. Divide mussels evenly among 4 shallow bowls. Sprinkle evenly with parsley.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.