- 1 segment ripe organic banana, 3 inches long, finely chopped, plus 1 slice ½-inch thick (cut on a bias) for garnish
- 1 oz Goslings Black Seal rum
- ¾ oz Navan vanilla cognac
- ¼ oz Giffard caramel liqueur
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 6 drops freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 0.25 cup Crushed ice to fill 1/3 of a rock glass
How to Make It
- Bananas, vanilla, caramel and tropical fruit are slightly lifted with a hint of citrus to give a taste sensation of the Caribbean. If you don't have an ice crusher to crush ice, pound some ice cubes in a lint-free cloth with a rolling pin. Place
- banana into a mixing glass; if the banana is ripe enough, the shaking alone will break down the soft fruit without muddling. Add black rum, vanilla cognac, caramel liqueur, pineapple juice and lemon juice. Fill the mixing glass with ice and shake vigorously until the shaker is very cold to the touch and the ingredients are completely mixed. If necessary adjust the balance of sweetness and acidity to taste with additional pineapple and lemon juice. Strain over crushed ice in a rock glass.
- Sprinkle the reserved banana slice with sugar and brOJee it with a kitchen torch until sugar is well caramelized. Impale the banana slice with a skewer and rest it on the surface of the cocktail for garnish.