You can use other apples but Bramleys are by far and away the best, as they go all fluffy and lovely as they bake. This is quick and easy to make and always good to eat.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- a few knobs of butter, plus extra for greasing
- 4 large Bramley apples
- 50 g raisins
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Grease a large ovenproof dish with butter.
- Core the apples, leaving them intact at the base so the filling doesn’t come out. Do this by cutting down around the core from the top but leaving the last centimetre in place. Stand the apples upright in the dish.
- Stuff the apples with the raisins. Heat the honey or maple syrup with the cinnamon and pour this into the centre of each apple over the raisins. Dot a small piece of butter on top of each apple.
- Bake the apples in the oven for 35–40 minutes. Serve them in bowls and spoon over any juices from the dish. Lovely with custard or crème fraiche.