Besides popping them in my mouth whole, this is one of my favorite ways to savor cherry tomatoes. The chickpea flour crumble becomes golden and crispy in no time, while the tomatoes beneath literally burst with fresh favor.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 0.66 cup (80 grams) chickpea flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon natural cane sugar
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.33 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup packed fresh, flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
How to Make It
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, garlic, sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Add 4 tablespoons of the olive oil. Mix with a fork until it resembles moist sand. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the cherry tomatoes in a 9-inch square baking pan. Add the thyme, the remaining tablespoon of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir the parsley into the chickpea flour mixture; sprinkle the mixture over the tomatoes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer, until the topping is golden brown. Serve hot or warm.