Adzuki beans originally come from East Asia, where they are often sweetened and used in desserts. This simple recipe offers a sugar-free way to enjoy these pulses, pairing them with chicken and a simple vinaigrette dressing.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- ½ large red onion, finely diced
- 14 oz (400 g) can adzuki beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp whole-grain mustard
- white wine vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 12 oz (350 g) cooked skinless chicken breasts or thighs, shredded
How to Make It
- Mix together the onion (reserving a little to garnish the salad), beans, and mustard in a bowl. Add a splash of vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil, and season with salt and black pepper. Stir in the parsley.
- Spoon the bean mixture into a shallow serving bowl, then top with the shredded chicken. Sprinkle over the remaining red onion, and serve with some fresh crusty bread and arugula.