- Yield: 8 Servings
- 7 oz. can whole green chiles, drained
- 16 oz. pkg. shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 16 oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 7 oz. can chopped green chiles salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 13 oz. can evaporated milk Optional: salsa, sour cream
How to Make It
- Slit whole chiles open and remove seeds; rinse and pat dry. Lay whole chiles, skin-side down, in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan; sprinkle with half of each cheese.
- Top with chopped chiles, remaining cheese, salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.