Another quick bread common to the islands are these drop scones, which are found in throughout the British Isles, particularly in Scotland. These drop scones are part of the light foods that accompany tea.
- Yield: 16 (2-ounce) scones
- 1 lb Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 oz Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 8 oz Buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- Pan Spray, as needed
How to Make It
- Preheat the griddle to 350 degree F.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, and mix well in a mixing bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, using a paddle attachment or a whisk, combine the remaining ingredients (except pan spray) and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just enough to combine.
- Drop approximately 2 oz of the batter on greased (with pan spray), preheated griddle, and cook until golden brown on the bottom. Turn over and cook until golden on the second side and cooked through.