- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 Hours
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into ½-inch-thick wedges
- 2 (6 to 7 ounce) jars (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- ½ cup coarsely snipped dried pears
- 2 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca, finely ground
- 2½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme, crushed
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup pear nectar or apple juice
- Hot cooked couscous or rice
- Fennel tops (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker, combine sliced fennel, mushrooms, and dried pears. Sprinkle with tapioca. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with salt, thyme, and pepper. Pour pear nectar over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3½ to 4 hours. Serve chicken mixture with hot cooked couscous. If desired, garnish with fennel tops.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.