- Yield: 2 Dozen
- ¾ cup (175 ml) unsulfured molasses
- 0.33 cup (75 g) packed brown sugar
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- Dash of salt
- 2¼ 4 cups (280 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice fl our
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon (1.8 g) ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon (1.2 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) rice milk, safe milk alternative, or water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- To make the cookies: With a mixer, cream together molasses, brown sugar, water, oil, and salt. Add remaining cookie ingredients and mix well.
- Use a large ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto a greased baking sheet and fl atten slightly. Or, to make cut-out cookies, divide dough in half and pat each half into a disk. Roll each disk into an even ½-inch (1.2-cm) thick circle. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the dough. Place each cookie shape onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden around the edges and puff y in the middle. Let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to cool completely on a fl at surface.
- To make the frosting: Mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and “milk” and frost the cooled cookies.