This is a tasty and hearty hotpot recipe that will not disappoint you!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 pkg Udon noodles
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 8-ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 64-ounces chicken stock, low-sodium
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 can coconut milk, light
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-inches ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2½ cups pork, thinly sliced
- Dipping sauces of your choice
- 1 handful of bean sprouts for garnish
- 1 wedge-cut lime for garnish
How to Make It
- Using a large stockpot heat the coconut oil over medium high heat. Add the ginger, coriander, garlic, and curry paste. Mash well. Heat over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until it becomes fragrant.
- Add coconut milk. Stir into the mash. Add the lemongrass and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Now, reduce the heat to low medium and add in your mushrooms, green onions, and bell pepper.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Mushrooms should be tender, and flavors should be well combined.
- Cook the noodles using the package directions and add to the pot, along with cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Pour broth carefully into your hotpot on the burner on your serving table. Ladle broth into individual bowls, and allow your diners to cook their slices of pork and warm up any veggies they want. They can also use the dipping sauces and garnishes.