- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) crushed chili flakes, or to taste
- vegetable oil for the grill
- 1 lb (500 g) top sirloin steak (about 1 inch/2.5 cm thick)
- 5 cups (1.25 L) beef stock
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
- ½ lb (250 g) rice noodles
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
How to Make It
- Mix the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and crushed chili flakes in a bowl. Add the steak and turn to coat both sides with the marinade, Cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to high. Lightly oil the grill. Grill the steak 2 to 3 minutes per side, until rare to medium-rare in doneness. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the noodles. Combine the broth and sesame oil in a separate pot and bring to rapid boil. Cook the noodles in boiling water for 1 minute, or until just tender. Thinly slice the beef and distribute on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with the green onions. Add the broth and serve.