- Yield: 4
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 2 sheets of leaf gelatine
- 300 ml double cream
- 100 ml whole milk
- 50 ml buttermilk
- 75 g honey, plus extra for serving
- ½ split vanilla pod seeds
How to Make It
- Prepare 4 ramekins or moulds by brushing the insides with a little vegetable oil and then lightly wiping them over with kitchen towel.
- Soak the gelatine in a small bowl of cold water.
- Put the cream, milk, buttermilk and honey in a saucepan. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla pod, then heat gently, stirring until the honey has melted. Leave to cool a little, then take the gelatine from the bowl, squeeze out the water and add the gelatine to the cream mixture. Stir over a gentle heat until the gelatine is completely dissolved but do not let the mixture boil.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug, then divide it between the ramekins. Leave them to cool, then chill for at least 4 hours by which time they should be set.
- To serve, dip the ramekins into some very hot water for a few seconds, then turn the panna cottas out on to plates. If you like, drizzle them with some extra honey before serving.