- Yield: 3 Dozen
- ½ cup (100 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- ½ cup (65 g) cornstarch
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- 0.12 teaspoon (0.6 g) baking powder
- 0.12 teaspoon (0.8 g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (320 g) “safe” jam, such as apricot, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, or currant
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- In a food processor, combine shortening and next 6 ingredients (through vanilla) and process for 1 minute.
- Using your hands, roll dough into 2-inch (5-cm) balls and place on a greased baking sheet (about 10 cookies per baking sheet). With your thumb or two fingers, make an indentation in the top of each dough ball. Fill with 1 teaspoon (7 g) of jam.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until edges are golden. Let cookies sit for 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to a fl at surface and let cool completely