- Yield: 2 Dozen
- 0.7 cup (170 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 2 tablespoons (90 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) salt
- 1¼ cups (100 g) certified gluten-free rolled oat or rice flakes
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) oat fl our or Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer, cream together the brown sugar, shortening, vanilla, and salt for about 1 minute. Add the oats and fl our and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or nonstick parchment paper. Drop the dough by level teaspoonful onto baking sheet. Space them out well because they will spread (about 6 per baking sheet).
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges. Using a hot pad, gently slide the foil or parchment paper off the baking sheet and onto a flat surface. Let cookies cool completely before carefully removing (the cookies are easily breakable). Freeze on a fl at surface before eating, if desired.