- Yield: 2 dozen
- ¼ cup (50 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 1 cup (235 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill sorghum flour
- 1½ cups (185 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons (9.2 g) baking soda
- 1½ cups (180 g) powdered sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). To Make the Bars
- Cream together shortening, syrup, and brown sugar. Add the remaining bar ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33-cm) baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Let cool. To Make the Frosting
- Mix powdered sugar and maple syrup in a bowl. Add a little water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Frost bars and cut into squares.