Most supermarkets offer packs of precooked seafood, which are handy when you need a quick family dinner. Simply throw this salad together in a large serving bowl, toss with the dressing, and let everybody help themselves.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- handful of mixed salad leaves, such as romaine
- fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (450g) assorted cooked seafood, such as shelled shrimp, mussels, or squid rings, rinsed and dried
- 6 whole anchovies in oil, drained
- 1 fresh hot green chile, seeded and finely chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
- rice noodles, to serve
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 whole anchovies in oil, drained and finely chopped
- pinch of sugar
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- First, make the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Add the anchovies, sugar, and parsley; season well with salt and black pepper; and whisk again.
- In a bowl, toss together the salad leaves, fennel, seafood, anchovies, chile, and cilantro. Add the dressing, and toss again to coat. Place the salad into a shallow serving bowl, and serve with lemon wedges and rice noodles.