This is a sophisticated, minimalist salad, designed to accentuate the unmistakable flavor of pastrami with a salsa bursting with Italian flavors. Add a little spinach and a few tomatoes for a heartier meal.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- handful of fresh arugula
- 6 oz (175 g) thinly sliced pastrami or other cooked sliced beef
For the dressing
- 10 green olives, pitted and sliced
- handful of plump dark raisins
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed and gently squeezed dry
- drizzle of olive oil
- small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- First, make the salsa. In a bowl, mix together the olives, raisins, capers, oil, and parsley. Taste, and season with a pinch of salt and some black pepper.
- Arrange the arugula and pastrami or other sliced beef in a shallow serving bowl. Spoon over the salsa, and serve at room temperature.