- Yield: 6 cups (1.4 L)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) coconut or avocado oil
- 1 cup (140 g) diced onion
- 4 cups (450 g) summer squash, chopped into bite sized pieces (about 3 large)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups (960 ml) Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (90 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (5 g) lemon zest
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
- Heat the coconut or avocado oil in a large saucepan and add the diced onion. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the summer squash, garlic and salt, stirring through the pan and cooking until the garlic is fragrant, about 1–2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and increase the heat to bring the pan to a gentle simmer. Cook until the summer squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and turmeric. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Use an immersion blender to carefully blend the soup until smooth. Drizzle each bowl with a little extra virgin olive oil just before serving. This soup can be served hot or chilled.