- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 6 Hours
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 cup Favorite Homemade Salsa or store-bought salsa
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 lime juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Salt and black pepper
- Cilantro Lime Rice, for serving
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced avocados, sour cream, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker and pour the salsa and tomatoes over the chicken. Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic, lime juice, and black beans and stir. Cover and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken and cut into strips or shred. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the slow cooker to Warm until ready to serve.
- Layer the cilantro rice and chicken mixture in individual bowls and serve with your favorite toppings.