- Yield: 8 Scones
- 2 cups (240 grams) chickpea flour, plus more for dusting
- 8 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup chopped candied (crystallized) ginger (optional)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chickpea Lemon Curd
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 7 tablespoons of the sugar, the ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the butter into the flour mixture until the dough is crumbly and resembles fresh breadcrumbs. Stir in the candied ginger.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and vanilla until blended and add to the flour mixture. Stir until just blended.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured clean work surface and knead briefly until it comes together. Gently pat it into a 6-inch square about ¾ inch thick. Cut into four 3-inch squares; cut each square in half on the diagonal. Place the triangles 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer the scones to a wire rack and cool slightly or completely. Serve with the lemon curd.