- Yield: 18 (1-inch) sandwich cookies
Lemon Macadamia Cream
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts or cashews
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pure water
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (liquid or crystallized) or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of sea salt
Almond Lemon Cookies
- 2 cups almonds
- 3 tablespoons raw coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, solid or liquid
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (liquid or crystallized) or coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
How to Make It
- Melt the coconut oil in a glass jar placed in hot water, or over a double boiler.
- Blend all Lemon Macadamia Cream ingredients in a high-power blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, and chill for about 2 hours, until set into a frosting consistency.
- Blend the almonds in a high-power blender or with a food processor into a flour.
- Add all the Almond Lemon Cookies ingredients to a food processor, and mix until a loose dough forms, or mix by hand.
- Roll into a ¼-inch-thick dough between two sheets of parchment paper on a cutting board using a straight-sided glass or a rolling pin to evenly compact the dough.
- Chill for about 30 minutes, until hardened a bit.
- Cut into little shapes with a cookie cutter or into circles, and chill until ready to frost.
- Frost the cookies by sandwiching two Almond Lemon Cookies with about 1 teaspoon of Lemon Macadamia Cream frosting. Store chilled.