- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) crunchy peanut butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup (125 mL) light cream
- chopped celery leaves
How to Make It
- Preheat butter and oil in a saucepan on medium. Add celery and onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and turning golden. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Cool the mixture slightly and then process in a blender until smooth. Return to the rinsed-out pan, then, using a whisk, beat in the peanut butter. Heat through until just boiling. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Serve in bowls with a swirl of cream, and celery leaves sprinkled over all.