Clafoutis—a traditional French fruit dessert that’s part custard, part pancake—finds new expression as a make-and-go breakfast. A honey-sweetened batter of chickpea flour and coconut milk stands in for the traditional egg, milk, and sugar custard, making the assembly extra simple.
- Yield: 12 MINI CLAFOUTIS
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄3 cups (280 grams) chickpea flour
- 1½ cups well-stirred full-fat coconut milk
- 1¼ cups warm (not hot) water
- 0.33 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Spray the cups of a 12-count standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, coconut milk, water, honey, vanilla, and salt until blended and smooth.
- Divide the raspberries evenly among the prepared cups; ladle the batter evenly over the raspberries in the cups.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Crack open the oven door to release steam; close the door and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes. Carefully remove from tin. Serve warm or cool completely.