I love tuna salad. Tuna Casserole. Tuna anything! The creaminess of the mushroom soup mixed with the soft egg noodles and crunchy onion creates an array of textures that makes this tuna casserole memorable.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Hours
- 2¾ cups dry egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (6.5-ounce) can tuna
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ (10.75-ounce) can chicken broth
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
How to Make It
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the noodles in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with the salt, pepper, onion, tuna, peas, cream of mushroom soup, and broth. Stir.
- Top evenly with the cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, melted butter, and herbes de Provence. Sprinkle the seasoned panko evenly over the tuna mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 2 hours.
- Ladle onto plates, garnish with scallions, and serve.