- Yield: 2 dozen
- 0.5 cup (125 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 0.33 cup (67 g) superfine sugar, plus additional for topping
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups (250 g) Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- ¼ cup (30 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons (9.2 g) baking powder
- 0.66 cup (160 ml) apple juice
- 1 cup (110 g) fresh raspberries
- ½ cup (80 g) dried sulfite-free apricots, cut into tiny pieces
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer,, combine together the applesauce, sugar, and salt. Add the flours and baking powder and mix until well combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the apple juice until you have a smooth dough. Gently stir in the raspberries and apricot pieces.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch (23-cm) baking pan. Sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Dust heavily with superfine sugar (or powdered sugar), if desired, and additional fresh raspberries