- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package firm tofu
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Several leaves of romaine lettuce, for garnish
- 3 collard leaves, for garnish
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced, for garnish
- 2 tomatoes, sliced, for garnish
How to Make It
- Slice tofu into four equal pieces; set on paper towels and weigh down with a plate for 30 minutes to squeeze out excess water.
- Place Cajun seasoning, dried basil, and dried parsley in a flat bowl and mix well.
- Dip the tofu slices in the seasonings on both sides to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sear the tofu on each side until browned, about 2 – 3 minutes a side.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or collard greens with red peppers and tomatoes.