- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2½ cups vegetable nage
- 12 large spot prawns, washed and heads removed
- 1 small baguette (about 3 oz), frozen
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 orange
- ½ cup citrus dressing
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into ¾-inch dice
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into ¾-inch dice
- 2 oz mixed greens
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan, bring vegetable nage to a simmer and season with kosher salt. Place spot prawns into the simmering liquid and turn off heat. Let the prawns cool in the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Slice the baguette as thin as you can (about Ys-inch thick) and brush with clarified butter. Freezing the baguette first will allow you to cut thin, even slices. Place in the oven and toast until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the peel off the grapefruit and orange and cut out the segments between the membranes. Dry the segments on a towel to remove excess liquid.
- Peel spot prawns, place them in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and add 3 Tbsp of the citrus dressing.
- In a small bowl, toss the avocado and cucumber with 3 Tbsp of the citrus dressing. In another bowl, toss the mixed greens with the remaining 2 Tbsp of citrus dressing.