This no-bake pie is the answer to all of your peanut butter cravings. Made from homemade whipped cream, thick cream cheese, and a colossal amount of peanut butter, it’s a smorgasbord of pure decadence. The ultra creamy peanut butter filling sits atop a thick Oreo® cookie crust and layers of sliced bananas. The best part is that you don’t even need to turn on your oven. Let your freezer do all the work!
- Yield: 1 Pie
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 28 Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 large thinly sliced bananas, plus more to decorate (optional)
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 8 oz (225g) full-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Make the base
- Combine the crushed Oreos® and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 in springform pan. Arrange the banana slices on top of the crust in an even layer. Set aside. Make the filling
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cream in a medium bowl on high speed until stiff peaks begin to form, about 4–5 full minutes. Set aside.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter together in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the granulated sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the peanut butter filling on top of the banana slices. Cover and freeze for about 6 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, allow the pie to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Top with additional banana slices if desired.