- Yield: 5 Dozen
- ½ cup (100 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- ½ cup (65 g) cornstarch
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- 0.12 teaspoon (0.6 g) baking powder
- 0.12 teaspoon (0.8 g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (175 g) Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- In a food processor, combine shortening and next 6 ingredients (through vanilla) and process for 1 minute. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times.
- Roll dough into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls. Place on a greased baking sheet
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are golden. Sift powdered sugar over warm cookies. Remove to a fl at surface to let cool completely. If desired, sprinkle cooled cookies with additional powdered sugar.