- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (12 oz each) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 oz) uncooked ziti pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium lemon juice (about ⅔ cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups baby spinach (5-oz package)
- ½ teaspoon pepper, if desired
How to Make It
- In Dutch oven or saucepan, heat water, 1 can of the evaporated milk, the salt, garlic and pasta to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 12 to 14 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining can of evaporated milk and the cornstarch; stir in chicken and artichoke hearts. Add to mixture in Dutch oven; return to simmer, and continue to simmer 1 to 3 minutes or until thickened and mixture coats back of spoon.
- Remove from heat; stir in half of the cheese and the lemon juice. Stir until cheese melts, then add remaining cheese (reserving ¼ cup for serving, if desired) and butter; stir again.
- Add spinach, and stir until wilted. Serve with reserved cheese and pepper.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.