- Yield: 2 Dozen
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) salt
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking powder
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons (90 ml) water
- 1 cup (175 g) Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer, or by hand, stir together oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the flours and baking powder and mix on low speed. While mixing, slowly pour in the water until the dough is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips
- Use a small ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by tablespoon onto a baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches (5 cm) apart (about 6 cookies per baking sheet).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cookies will be golden around the edges and soft in the center. For softer cookies, remove from oven before they get too golden around 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for less than 1 minute. Remove with a flat spatula and place on a flat surface to cool completely.