Spicy and sweet red cabbage complements many of the heartier dishes in this book.
- Yield: 4 Servings as a side dish
- 1 lb 5 oz (600 g) red cabbage, shredded using a mandolin or sharp knife
- 2 eating apples, cored and grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock paste or ⅓ vegetable stock cube
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Put the cabbage, apples and onions in the multi-cooker and sprinkle/drizzle over the spices, sugar, stock paste or cube and vinegar, plus 100 ml/⅓ cup water, then dot with the butter or coconut oil.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Manual or High Pressure for 3 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the QPR method, then serve.