Wali is a popular kenyan dish which the main ingredients are quite obviously coconut milk extracts and rice and it is lighly spiced. This coconut rice is a delicious alternative to plain white rice and it is usually served with curry.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Coconut
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon Salt
How to Make It
- Wash starch from rice and place aside.
- Break the coconut and extract coconut meat into a blender.
- Add 1 cup of water and blend until smooth.
- Place pot on medium heat.
- Add blended coconut, salt and 2 cups of water to the pot.
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Add rice and coconut milk.
- Stir then reduce heat to a low setting.
- Stir lightly every few minutes for 20 - 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Turn off the hob and serve. Best served with curry