- Yield: 6 Servings (1½ cups each)
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 4 cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (8 oz)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves Salt, if desired
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, break off tough ends of asparagus as far down as stalks snap easily. Wash asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in asparagus, mushrooms and garlic. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
- In small bowl, gradually stir broth into cornstarch. Stir in onions and basil. Stir cornstarch mixture into chicken mixture. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Season with salt. Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.