This colorful salad requires very little cooking. If you prefer, you can spiralize the vegetables instead of shaving them this will give them a more noodle like appearance. Toss with the dressing at the last minute to prevent wilting.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 14 oz (400 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lime juice
- 4 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 small head lettuce, shredded
- ¼ lb (100 g) ready-to-eat bean sprouts
- 1 large carrot, shaved using a vegetable peeler
- 6 in (15 cm) piece of cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 5 tbsp salted peanuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make It
- Poach the chicken in a large pot in plenty of simmering salted water for 7–10 minutes, depending on the thickness, until cooked through. Let cool, then thinly slice.
- In a bowl, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, a pinch of salt, and the red pepper flakes, if using, until the sugar dissolves.
- In a serving bowl, mix together the salad vegetables, most of the herbs, and the chicken. Drizzle with the dressing and scatter with the remaining herbs and the peanuts, if using, to serve.