- Yield: 2 Dozen
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) salt
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- ½ cup (65 g) cornstarch (contains corn; can use tapioca or arrowroot starch instead)
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking powder
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 3 (1.4-ounce, or 40-g) Enjoy Life boom CHOCO boom dark chocolate bars, chopped into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer combine the oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the fl our, starch, and baking powder and mix on low speed. While mixing, slowly pour in the water until the dough is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Use a small ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by tablespoon onto a baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches (5 cm) apart (about 6 cookies per baking sheet).
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges and soft in the center. For softer cookies, remove from oven before they get too golden—around 12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for less than 1 minute. Remove with a fl at spatula and place on a fl at surface to cool completely.